OF WOODSTOCK, NY DETAILS:
The Town of Woodstock consists of Bearsville, Lake Hill, Mt. Tremper, Shady, Willow, Wittenberg, Woodstock and parts of the Zena area.
Woodstock may be best known for the music festival that bore its name. The town still remains host to music, theater and art. The vigorous commercial center is dotted with arts and crafts shops, galleries, and specialty stores presenting unique wares and items for townspeople and tourists.
This "Colony of the Arts" has been a haven for writers and artists for over a century. It began with the founding of the famed Byrdcliffe Arts and Crafts Colony in 1902, shortly after which the New York City Arts Students League opened a summer school in the town.
Top of Page
(Based on 2010 Census)
Kingston City School District, Onteora Central School District,
Central School District
Woodstock Library, 845-679-2213
Woodstock Residents can use the Saugerties Transfer Station or Town of Hurley Transfer Station:
Saugerties Transfer Station, 845-679-0514,
Town of Hurley Transfer Station,
Recycling Helpline: Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency, 845-336-3336, www.ucrra.org
Top of Page
• Click Here
for information on Animal Control, animal rescue organizations and shelters, fishing and hunting licenses, rabies information, wildlife rehabilitators and resources
Clubs & Resources:
• Click Here for clubs, associations, hotlines and other resources in the region
Emergency Assistance & Hospitals:
• Click Here for addresses, phone numbers, and links to hospitals & medical facilities in the region, plus contact information for crisis resources & hotlines, such as domestic violence, poison control, rabies, shelters, suicide hotline, veteran's hotline, and more
Family of Woodstock, Inc., non-profit community organization offers assistance with crisis intervention & prevention, emergency food, counseling, clothing, household items and area resources for children & families, youth & adolescents, and adults, 845-679-2485, www.familyofwoodstockinc.org
• Click Here for information and links to Ulster County, State, Federal governments and officials, plus additional government resources
Police / Sheriff - Non-Emergency:
• Click Here for contact information for police departments and Ulster County Sheriff's office for non-emergency situations
• Click Here for a list of resources available in the area for seniors
• Meals on Wheels, 16 Tinker St., 845-679-4656,
• Senior Recreation, Town of Woodstock, www.woodstockny.org/content/Parks/View/3
• Woodstock Little League,
• Woodstock Soccer Club, www.woodstocksoccerclub.com
• Click Here for information on area airport, bus, carpool, and train services
Voter Registration Information:
• Click Here for how to register to vote in Ulster County
Woodstock Chamber of Commerce & Arts, 845-679-6234,
firstname.lastname@example.org , www.woodstockchamber.com
Woodstock Film Festival, 845-679-4265, www.woodstockfilmfestival.com
Woodstock Land Conservancy, 845-679-6481, www.woodstocklandconservancy.org
Woodstock Youth Program at the Youth Center, 60 Rock City Road, Woodstock, offers a variety of recreational and educational opportunities to local youth ages 11-19 in a safe, supervised facility for after school and weekends, 845-679-2015,
Top of Page
Visit our Events Calendar for more happenings.
Visit Ulster County Tourism's website link - www.ulstercountyalive.com/landing/history-arts-and-culture
• Center for Photography at Woodstock, 845-679-9957, www.cpw.org
• Woodstock Artists Association and Museum, 28 Tinker Street, Woodstock, 845-679-2940, www.woodstockart.org
• Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild / Kleinert/James Center for the Arts, 845-679-2079, www.woodstockguild.org
• Woodstock School of Art, nationally registered WPA era buildings, gallery open daily, sculpture trail, art classes for all ages. 2470 Route 212, Woodstock, 845-679-2388, www.woodstockschoolofart.org
• Visit Ulster County Tourism's website link - www.ulstercountyalive.com/landing/farms
• Pick Your Own Farms - Click Here for Ulster County and Dutchess County farms that offer pick-your-own fruits and vegetables
• Farmers' Market - Woodstock Farm Festival, 6 Maple Lane, Woodstock, www.woodstockfarmfestival.com
• Golf Courses - Visit Ulster County Tourism's website link, drop down the "Type" menu tab, and click on Golf Courses -
• Miniature Golf - Click Here for places to play miniature golf
Historical Society of Woodstock, 20 Comeau Drive, Woodstock,
Ice Cream Parlors:
• Click Here for a list of ice cream parlors in Ulster and Dutchess counties
Karma Triyana Dharmachakra Tibetan Buddhist Monastery (KTD), Woodstock, 845-679-5906, www.kagyu.org
• Click Here for a list of movie theaters in the area
• For information on Museums and Historic Sites in Ulster County, click below link for a PDF of Ulster County Tourism's Cultural Heritage Guide brochure:
Parks & Trails:
• Area Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, NYS Parks - Click Here for information and links on NYS area camping, fishing, hunting, hiking and NYS parks
• Area Trails and Rail Trails- Click Here for a list of trail and rail trail links in Ulster County, Dutchess County, and beyond in NYS
• Mead's Meadow, Woodstock, formerly a cow pasture, "The Magic Meadow" is a quarter mile past the summit of Mead Mountain Road and the KTD Monastery. It is an entrance to the Devil's Path.
• Overlook Mountain, Woodstock, hiking 5 miles round trip,
• Woodstock Dog Park, www.woodstockdogpark.org
• Woodstock Waterfall Park, www.woodstockwaterfallpark.com
• Click Here for places to ski and enjoy snow activities
• Click Here for places to swim in the area
Theater & Performing Arts:
• Click Here for contact information and links to area theater & performing arts venues
• Concerts on the Green, Woodstock, Saturdays (May-Sept.), Free,
• Maverick Concerts, 120 Maverick Rd, Woodstock, 845-679-8217, www.maverickconcerts.org
• Woodstock Playhouse, 103 Mill Hill Rd., Woodstock, 845-679-6900, www.woodstockplayhouse.org
Top of Page
SHOPS, BUSINESSES & SERVICES:
First Steps Early Childhood Education Center
845-679-6301. 233 Tinker Street, Rt. 212, Woodstock, NY 12498.
H. Houst & Son Inc.
845-679-2115. 4 Mill Hill Rd., Woodstock, NY 12498.
Hours: M-Sat. 8am-6pm; Sun. 9am-5pm.
• TrueValue Hardware. Just Ask Rentals.
Quality Products & Great Service. Woodstock’s only department store. Hardware, Paint, Lawn & Garden, Plumbing, Electrical, Housewares, Outdoor Living. Gifts for everyone from
the fun to the practical. Holiday items include everything to light the
candles, trim the trees, and bake the goods. Serving the community since 1932.
845-679-6161. 17 Tinker St., Woodstock, NY 12498.
Hours: M-Sat. 10am-6pm; Sun. 10am-3pm.
845-679-6500. 18 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY 12498.
Hours: Open daily.
• Loominus Woodstock, designed by Marsha Fleisher, creates the finest hand woven and luxurious chenille scarves
for men and women, jackets, shawls, Capes, hats, vests, throws, & more. Known for their impeccable tailoring style awareness, and exciting texture, color and design, Marsha creates "Wearable Art" that is sophisticated, elegant, timeless, and fashion-forward. Chenille throws add beauty & cozy warmth to any home. Beautiful personal and corporate gifts. Visit our Studio or shop online. Wholesale opportunities also available. Handwoven in the Hudson Valley.
Rondout Savings Bank
Many convenient branch locations, including in West Hurley (near Woodstock):
845-679-2600. 295-4 Rt. 375, at the Hurley Ridge Market, West Hurley, NY 12491.
Hours: Check website or call for branch hours/locations.
Dr. Bruce Jay Milner
845-679-4000. 269 Route 375, West Hurley, NY 12491.
Ulster Savings Bank
845-338-0900. 24 Hour Banking Available.
1-866-440-0391. Local Customer Service Center.
Many convenient locations, including:
845-679-2225. 1260 Rt. 28, West Hurley, NY 12491.
Top of Page
RESTAURANTS, WOODSTOCK, NY:
845-679-8400. 98 Mill Hill Rd., Woodstock, NY 12498.
• Freshly Prepared Menu, Fresh Baked Goods,
Top of Page
LODGING, WOODSTOCK, NY:
A Woodstock Waterfall Hideaway/
Luxury Vacation Rental
810-2732 (or 332-7332). 8A Tannery Brook Rd., Woodstock, NY 12498.
Top of Page